Bongs are like the VIP of smoking accessories! They provide a better smoking experience that helps filter out the nasty stuff. The water filtration system in bongs removes harmful toxins and particulates found in smoke, making every hit smoother and less harsh.
Additionally, bongs are also preferred owing to their versatility and design. You can get bongs in different shapes, sizes, and styles, making them suitable for several preferences and settings—nothing like smoking out of a bomb-looking bong to set the mood right.
Did you know you can get sick from a dirty bong? Yikes, right? That leads us to our most critical question–how to clean a bong? Keep reading and upgrade to a smooth and tasty hit when you commit to cleaning your bong frequently and correctly.
All About Cleaning Bongs
Cleaning a bong is like hitting the reset button on your smoking experience. Just like a clean kitchen makes cooking a feel-good activity, a clean bong makes for a better smoking journey. Plus, who wants to inhale all the gunk and grime that builds up over time? That’s like eating off a dirty plate!
Cleaning your bong regularly will make for a tastier, smoother, and healthier hit. And as a bonus, a clean bong appears inviting when seshing with buddies. So let’s make cleaning your bong a regular part of your smoking routine and make every hit count. Let’s dive into how to clean a bong the easy peasy way.
Why Should I Clean My Bong?
There are several reasons why cleaning your bong is essential; here are a few:
Taste: A dirty bong can affect the taste of your smoke, making it harsh and unpleasant. Cleaning your bong removes the buildup of resin and other debris, allowing for a cleaner and smoother hit.
Health: A dirty bong can harbor bacteria and germs that can affect one’s health, especially with regular use. Cleaning your bong regularly will keep your bong hygienic and safe to use.
Longevity: Regular cleaning can prolong the life of your bong, saving you money in the long run.
Enjoyment: A clean bong makes for a more pleasant smoking experience.
Best Way To Clean A Bong
You will need some necessary materials to clean the bong before getting down to it.
List of Materials
Before you look at the best way to clean bongs, there are some things you need to get your hands on.
- Isopropyl alcohol (at least 90% concentration): It’s a powerful solvent that can effectively break down and remove the grime inside your bong.
- Salt (coarse salts such as sea salt or kosher salt): Salt is abrasive and can help scrub the resin, making cleaning more effective.
- Small brush: This is essential to get into all the small crevices and hard-to-reach areas of your bong, ensuring that every inch is clean.
- Saran wrap: Used to cover the openings of the bong and keep the cleaning solution inside the bong.
- Ziplock bags: They are perfect for soaking loose pieces of your bong, such as the bowl and stem, in the cleaning solution.
- Paper towels: Necessary for drying off your bong after cleaning it.
- Water: Water is necessary to rinse the cleaning solution and debris before drying it off with a clean towel.
- Rubber bands: Used to secure and water-tight the saran wrapped around the openings.
- Latex gloves: To protect your skin from drying out and cracking after coming into contact with the cleaning solution
Steps For How To Clean A Bong
Alright, it’s time to bust out the dirty bong! Our easy-to-follow guide to clean bongs will make you look forward to a sweet smoking sesh.
These steps apply to all types of bongs.
Step 1: Disassemble the bong
Take apart the bong into separate pieces, including the mouthpiece and the chamber.
Step 2: Clean the base and chamber
Fill the base and chamber with a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and coarse salt, and use a small brush to scrub away any remaining resin or debris. Rinse the exterior thoroughly with water.
Step 3: Put saran wrap on the openings
Rip out a little piece of saran wrap and wrap it around both openings. To make it watertight, wrap the rubber bands around it several times. Shake it well, set it aside, and let it soak for a few minutes.
Step 4: Clean the loose pieces
Soak the mouthpiece in a mixture of isopropyl alcohol and coarse salt in a ziplock and shake it well. Use a pipe cleaner or a small brush to scrub any remaining toxins or debris. Rinse thoroughly with water.
Step 5: Rinse and dry the bong
Rinse all pieces of your glass bong thoroughly with water and dry them off with paper towels.
Step 6: Reassemble the bong and enjoy your freshly cleaned bong
And voila! You’ve just transformed your bong from drab to fab! Your bong will be so squeaky clean you’ll be able to see your reflection in it (for real!). Reassemble your newly cleaned bong, and enjoy the fruits of your labor with a fresh, delicious puff.
So go ahead, pack a bowl, sit back, relax and enjoy the smooth and tasty smoke. Your bong, your taste buds, and your lungs will thank you! Happy smoking!
Tips For Maintaining A Clean Bong
- Clean as you go: Just like doing the dishes as you cook, cleaning your bong after every use will prevent resin buildup and make cleaning much more accessible.
- Use a screen: A little barrier goes a long way! A screen can help keep ash and debris out of your bong, making cleaning a breeze.
- Hot water is your friend: After every use, give your bong a quick rinse with hot water to help loosen any stubborn debris.
How Often Should I Clean My Bong?
It’s wise to clean your bong at least once a week if you use it regularly, but cleaning it after every use is even better. However, if you use your bong infrequently, it’s still a good idea to thoroughly clean it at least once a month.
To sum up, cleaning your bong can make your smoking experience feel brand new. Now you know how to clean a bong. So, the next time you see visible build-up or discoloration, it’s a good indication that it’s time to clean it. It’s time to fill up your favorite cannabis flower and turn your ordinary day into an extraordinary one with a simple light of a match.