GE UNITED LLC
Last Updated: September 17, 2019
- WHAT WE COLLECT. We get information about you in a range of different ways:
- Information You Give Us Through Registration and Identity Verification.
Collecting Personal Information allows us to create and maintain your Account, complete identity verification, ensure compliance with appropriate city, county, and state laws, and verify that you are of the minimum legal age to use the Platform. Demographic Information, such as age or location, may be used to restrict access to the Platform (for legal or compliance reasons) and to facilitate your use of services.
- When you create an Account with us, we may collect certain information from you which you provide to us, including without limitation: information that can identify you personally, including your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, and in some cases, your user name and password and copy of government-issued identification (“Personal Information”);
- Certain demographic information, such as your gender, occupation, location, age, spending patterns and preferences, date of birth, as well as other information you directly give us through our Platform (“Demographic Information”); and
- Payment Information and Information We Get From Others. We may collect payment information relating to any transactions that we process or facilitate. In some cases, payments for cannabis related products and services may be made to third-party, licensed cannabis dispensaries and not to us; otherwise, however, payments will be made to us. We store only a limited quantity of payment information and do not store complete payment information on our own servers. We may also get Personal Information and Demographic Information about you from other sources; for example, we may collect such information about you through any third-party providers, services, or tools to the extent that your use of their services led to or relate to your use of the Platform. If you communicate, enter into transactions for goods and services, receive deliveries from, or participate in certain promotional offers with third parties (e.g., Third-Party Integration & Ads as defined in the Terms) such communications, transactions, and/or participation may be serviced or fulfilled by one of our licensed third-party partners. We may collect information about you from licensed third-party partners and from our delivery drivers, based on your interactions with them, of a similar type and treated in the same manner as the information we collect from you directly through the Platform. We may add this to information we get from the Site and/or Platform.
- Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site and/or Platform, we may log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We also automatically log information when you communicate with us directly, such as by telephone, email, or live chat, in order to ensure that you have a satisfying customer experience.
- Cookies. We may log information using “Cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site and/or Platform. This type of information is collected to make the Site and/or Platform more useful to you and to tailor your experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your Personal Information and Demographic Information to:
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- Link or combine user information with other personal information;
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity and to ensure compliance with relevant state and local laws;
- Provide and deliver products and services customers request;
- Facilitate your legal procurement of cannabis and cannabis products;
- Maintain appropriate records according to their ordinary business practices and city, county or state laws; and
- Facilitate deliveries by licensed retailers and drivers, for example, to determine your location and to verify your identity using a government-issued identification (if required).
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share Personal Information and Demographic Information with your consent. For example, you may let us share Personal Information with licensed dispensaries engaged in retail of cannabis and cannabis products, or others for their own marketing uses, or referral and promotions. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share Personal Information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- . We may share Personal Information and Demographic Information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes, such as warrants or subpoenas.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us such as third-party tools, consultants, and technical services necessary for our business operations, including without limitation legal compliance, marketing, communications, analysis of statistics, server hosting, management of databases, etc.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
- INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES. Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you. with you. You may send requests about your Personal Information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, update, or delete your Personal Information and Demographic Information. You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site and/or Platform works for you.
Additionally, under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once each calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately preceding calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an e-mail message to the email address provided above with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide in response the requested information to you at your e-mail address. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only required information will be included in our response.
- CONTACT INFORMATION. We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may also contact us at:
5500 E Washington Blvd. Commerce, Ca 90040